I have stopped updating this blog, please head to http://xiwenwendy.wixsite.com/xiwen-lunaticus ! :D

Thursday 7 November 2013

Mid-sem Break Update #6: Fran Bow (demo) Review (18+)

(Google image)

So this is my second review for a computer game named 'Fran Bow' after 'The Witch House' which I actually played the demo without any cheating! I came across this game from the youtuber Cinnamon ToastKen (I didn't watch him playing the game, really) when I was looking for some free 2D horror games to play (my idle mind keeps asking me to do something that I shouldn't do, ugh).

I spent about just half an hour to finish the demo (we have to buy the game). The story is about a girl named Fran whose parents were killed and dismembered (yes, blood and gore). She escaped from her house with her black cat, Mr. Midnight into the forest and she fainted. Waking up in the Oswald Asylum, an oppressive mental institution for children, she determined to find her cat and look for the murderer of her parents. Before that, she had to look for aunt Grace whom she was fond of. The demo ends when you successfully open the door leading to the outside world of the mental institution.

In the game, you can interact with people and things there. The choice of your words will decide the outcome that you will get, so choose your words wisely. I love the 2D art graphics (as I feel dizzy if I watch 3D gaming) which easily brings out the horror. No worries for those who are timid (like me)! There is no jumpscare at all. What you have to do is to solve the puzzles to get the way out. As Fran is a child struggling with mental disorder, there are some red pills that will give her different vision of the world (a bloody one) that will help her in solving the puzzles.


(Google image)
(Google image)
(Google image)

The demo is made by Killmonday to raise fund for the development of this game through the campaign. So far they have reached their goal and the game will be released in July 2014! Here's the link of the official website of Fran Bow: http://franbow.com/. How I wish that I can play this game but good games usually require payment. Anyway, you guys can download the free demo to give it a try. If you like the game, just wait patiently for it to be released!


P/S: Aww the black cat did not show up in the demo. I will keep searching a good horror game to play, bwahahahahaha.......
(how? well, youtube is always a good source, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment