I have stopped updating this blog, please head to http://xiwenwendy.wixsite.com/xiwen-lunaticus ! :D

Monday 5 January 2015

A Post Dedicated to Erika

It was a cloudy afternoon when I happily got back to my dorm after the Calculus examination. While I was taking off my shoes, I noticed a colourful envelop at the mailbox (every room has a small mail box where you can leave notes). The envelop was made of folded cosmetic flyer which you won't notice that it is actually a piece of advertisement unless you look closely. Wondering who would give me a self-made envelop with maybe a letter inside (a hand-written letter is something representing sincerity to me)I entered the dorm and settled down before examining this envelop carefully. It stated To Wendy at the front. Usually people who are really close to me will call me by my Chinese name, so who could it be? It took me a minute to finally find the opening of the envelop (it's not my fault!! The 'open here' was written so so small, hahaha).

Who won't like hand-made gift? I mean, letter. 
Gingerly opening the envelop (I don't want to damage it), I took out a piece of folded lined paper sealed with a black piggy sticker showing his butt back. The paper seemed to be torn off from a cute notebook with a quote You are the shaper of your own destiny. Again, I gingerly tore the sticker away and finally the content of this mysterious letter was revealed! The first clue was, it was written in Chinese. I immediately jumped to the lower right corner of the letter without looking through the content and found that the letter was written in 2014 (I received a letter from last year!!! Ok just fooling around, I noticed the letter a few days after it was placed there), by Erika my coursemate. After knowing the identity of the secret admirer person who wrote me letter, the first thing came into my mind was, Erika really wrote me a letter? Why?

This is Erika......who is enjoying some 'rests' during class. Don't judge=P

There are very limited similarities between two of us except: graduated from matriculation (mine was in Selangor, hers was in Perak), chosen Bachelor of Environmental Science and Technology of UPM as first choice, girl, long hair, wearing spectacles and....I think that's it. She is one year younger than me (the privilege of being born on the first of January and indeed she behaves like one too =P) but already taking Bachelor course at the age of 18 which is two year faster than normal people (we took matriculation, that's why I am one year ahead and she is two). We quarrel a lot due to many many reasons. Our frequencies are just not right. She does not understand why I love pan mee and I don't understand why she loves bread with peanut butter.

She complains that I go to the class too early.
She complains that I like to go to the noodle stall or mamak stall.
She complains that I keep complaining about the songs she likes (I am only human~~~~~ Ugh)
She complains that the weather is very hot......while cycling (eh it has nothing to do with me, right).
She looks at me with a boring face when she knows that I am going to ask her to have early breakfast together.
She looks at me with a boring face when I show her my favourite songs (really nice what).
She looks at me with a boring face when I told her something I find interesting. 
She looks at me with a boring face watching me laughing like a maniac about my own jokes.

Despite of all the dislikes she has on me, she is one of the people who really tolerate my not-very-nice personalities. I am kinda pushy sometimes, but she still can tahan me. We don't have complimentary personalities, seriously, and we don't spend lots of time sticking to one another either. However, it is really something to have her as my coursemate. =)

Our first year in UPM. This was during Malam Silang Budaya at Kolej Tun Perak.
We rarely go outing together. This is at Simple Life, Midvalley.
This is at Subway, The Mines.


Chilling at Bukit Exspo. When shall we do it again?
Siao zha bor during Wildlife Seminar 2014
During one of the lab session.

We went volunteering together during MENGO H2O Hunt at Publika last year.

Actually I mentioned Erika a few times before in my blog. In case you have not noticed her in any of the posts, let me direct you to the link below (she is still single and available, no worries =P), she is either mentioned, or featured.





P/S: Sorry that I didn't manage to celebrate your birthday with you as I slept through the countdown (LOL I know it's once in a lifetime), so I dedicated my first post of 2015 to you as my gratitude to have you as my coursemate, collegemate and friend. Have a blessing year ahead! Finally someone is catching up! Enjoy your 20-year-old! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment