I have stopped updating this blog, please head to http://xiwenwendy.wixsite.com/xiwen-lunaticus ! :D

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Hiking in To'kun Hill

This is the fifth day of my two-week mid-sem holidays. There are lots of things I want to do before I go back for my matriculation student life again in Banting ( Nooooo!!!). Well, one of the must-do's in Penang is definitely hiking. My hiking teammates (yes I call us as a TEAM!) were consisted of four crazy guys (who went through the leech-infested Bukit Panchor before) and a dedicated hot girl (who went to the monkey-roaming Teluk Bahang with me before). Our destination this time was the renowned To'kun Hill in Bukit Mertajam (although I had studied in Jit Sin High School which is just a few kilometers away from To'kun Hill for five years, honestly I never went there before).

To'kun Hill is quite similar to Bukit Panchor, with lots of towering trees and fresh air, providing a great environment for unwinding our minds. Instead of taking the tar road, we chose the more challenging undeveloped path (usually I will feel regretted as soon as we start hiking and this happens every time, although I never mention about it throughout the journeys). I am really envious for the guys' physical strength, they could go up the hill effortlessly (or should I say, seemed effortlessly?). Ok, I admit that I was the slowest (as always, please forgive me). Thank you Miss Salad for being at my side waiting for me, haha.

We did not complete the whole route which is about 3600m in total. Due to limited time, we turned into the tar road going down the hill. The not-very-steep and winding road caused me and Salad bouncing all the way down the road when we walked faster. We stopped halfway and had home-made garlic bread (special edition made by me!) and biscuits (contributed by Salad!). For the following journey back to the starting point, there was nothing different from the beginning except more trees and more elders (yea, their stamina is much much unbelievably higher than any of us!).

It was just a short hike but being with friends is always fun and memorable (especially if the gathering place is not shopping complex). What I want to say at the end is, can you guys slow down next time? 

Me and Salad =)
The guys

Lush greenery.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees again.
On our way back!

Trees.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees again.
Nice nature view.

And trees.
The pondok where we rested.

And trees.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees.

Trees. Opps, bamboos.

And trees, again.

I see the light, do you?
End the hike with soaked hair and bag, haha.
Wakakakakaka, purposely show off this photo. This is the first alive huge wild millipede that I have ever seen. It leisurely 'strolled' across in front of me. Thank God that it was big enough for us to see it so that we wouldn't crush it under our shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment