I have stopped updating this blog, please head to http://xiwenwendy.wixsite.com/xiwen-lunaticus ! :D

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Georgetown Exploration Day Out - Cupido Cafe

Although I have been a Penangite for 21 years, you have to believe that this was the first time I explored Georgetown, a renowned heritage site in Penang (don't be surprised, for those who are living in mainland of Penang, we will even say that we are going to Penang when actually we are just going to the Penang island). Georgetown is well-known for complicated one-way streets, limited parking space and also busy traffic. After gaining some confidence in driving, I think it was time to challenge my driving skill there. So I parked the car at the parking area beside Fort Cornwallis and walked under the sun with Cho Sing all the way into the centre of Georgetown (hahaha yes I cheated by walking instead of driving).
After some walk, I found that Georgetown is a great place for backpackers if you can endure the scorching sun as you can find cheap accommodation, rend bicycle and get nice food in this warm little town. One of the main reasons that I invited this lady to accompany me here was to hunt down this cafe - Cupido Cafe in Love Lane (feeling all lovey dovey when you heard of the names of the street and cafe, right? Haha).

This is it! The white building with a hint of pink!
(don't freak out, guys. The person in white is actually Cho Sing, hahaha)

Wooden staircase covered with flowers
More space upstairs! The floor is even covered in greens~ The Eden!

It was such a relieved to come into the cooling air as we had wandered for sometime in the afternoon hotness. After placing our order downstairs by simply showing and activating the KindMeal coupon, we hopped upstairs and couldn't stop taking photos in this 'Edenly' garden! I am glad that it was weekday and there were only two of us there. So we made ourselves home and did whatever we like without having to feel shy, hahaha. The walls are painted with murals and the floor is covered with artificial grass.

You can choose to dine downstairs too! This is the space at the back of the cafe.
There are even 3D clouds! They really put quite some effort in creating this environment.

Usually people go to cafe for morning breakfast or afternoon tea, so I was kinda nervous when we want to try out some main courses in cafe, especially this one which is so nicely decorated. I wondered whether the owner had time to do some investment on the food served. At the end of the day, I am super glad that I came to this cafe because the food was really mind-blowing!

Some regular iced lemon tea to wake your appetite up in this lazy afternoon~
Carbonara mushroom~ This was a love at first bite honestly. It looks ordinary with cheese sprinkled on the white cream with mushroom, but this one won my heart. I am not exaggerating. It is really difficult to find a good carbonara at restaurant!
Aglio Olio~ The hint of spiciness really refreshed my appetite for lunch even though I took coffee before this (I don't know why I don't feel like eating after having coffee). No extra ingredient, you can taste the original flavour of the olive oil~
Because the food is so so good, I decided to post another photo taken at different angle~
Love-shaped fungi pizza! It is crunchy with chewy cheese! One of the best pizza that I have ever tasted! Even though it looks simple (and there is no meat inside), it is simply a must-eat here!
(The pizza was not served on tissue paper actually, we thought that we could not finish the meal so we asked the waiter to pack it up for take-away, but at the end we stole two bites because the aroma was just so tempting and it tasted heavenly indeed! Good food is not meant to be left until cold!)
This is one of the selfie out of the hundreds of photos~ =P



P/S: Last but not least, thanks to KindMeal.my for the promotion! You can download the coupon here! (Don't worry if you go alone, there are personal sets as well~)

No comments:

Post a Comment